Chennai Collectables


When we bought our first house, we were pre-occupied with parental duties and hardly had any collectibles to showcase. We neither had the time nor was it on our list of priorities. I dream of that day, when our home would be a delight to the eyes; filled with items collected over the years; each with its own story.

On my recent trip to Chennai, I picked up some home decor items from two unconventional shops.

Sundari Silks located in the heart of T.Nagar looks more like a beautifully done Chettiar mansion than a saree shop. What interests me was their home collection. Some pieces were unique while others were replicas; some were heavy and old world, while some were newly crafted. I picked a couple urns and bells with Ganesha carved on them.


Rathna Stores is more of a kitchen stores than a home decor one. Surprisingly, the stores carried a few reasonably priced unique accent pieces. The key is to look beyond the mass produced items. I found a brass Ganesha playing drums and a swan shaped lamp.

2 comments:

Geeta,  May 31, 2010 at 3:12 PM  

I wish. The pics were taken @Sundari silks. Relaxing trip ...she is recovering real well.

It's Me,  June 8, 2010 at 8:39 AM  

Yea..Sundari Silks is my fav! :-) ---Jenz

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital