Oven Roasted Veggies


I have a way with falling into a cooking rut. It's the cooking technique that I fall prey for not the entire recipe. A while ago it was "Whipping". I would whip the milk for coffee, eggs before they went into the omelet and anything that is whip-able. The latest is my obsession with oven roasted veggies. The recipe is always the same, the variable part is the veggies.
  1. Pre-heat oven to 400 or 425 degrees. 
  2. Chop the veggies to equal sized pieces.
  3. Spread on an oven safe tray.
  4. Sprinkle salt and pepper. I also add turmeric, cayenne powder, Asafoetida (for Indian style potatoes), if I am in the mood to make something elaborate.
  5. Throw in some rosemary, oregano or what ever herb I have on hand. Some go well with certain veggies than others.
  6. Bake it in the oven for 30 - 45 minutes depending on the quantity and type of veggie used
    Finger potatoes or small sized potatoes (both red and regular) work great. Other options include Okra, tindora, parsnips, turnips, carrots, beets, cherry tomatoes (make sure to pierce the whole ones or they will rupture when heated).

    I roasted potatoes and carrots. Mixed it up with greens and pomegranate for a refreshing salad.

    .... a recipe from last Thanksgiving

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

      © NOME DO SEU BLOG

    Design by Emporium Digital