Leaving Behind ...

"Moving on" could very well be my middle name. I hardly look back ...but certain reactions to my recent announcement made me think otherwise. For those of you not aware of, I am changing jobs, moving from one bank to another.

I leave behind -

An exceptional team that I put together. I am proud some started their careers with me and theirs grew with mine. A lady whom I admire at work once told me - "In order to be successful at work, it is essential to surround yourself with the right kind of people". I believe its true outside of work too.

A wonderful boss who gave me all the freedom under the sun to make decisions and run the team 'my style'. Even though I imitate his style of management quite a bit; intentionally.

All my amazing mentors. One thought me how to be firm and assertive. Another taught me to treat everybody as - humans first, employees second. The third and my favorite mentor has such an amazing sense of humor that it takes people a few minutes to realize that he/she has delivered a bad news. I laugh easily but, 'humor' is not my strength. What I learned from him/her is to take it easy when the going gets tough/stressful.

A zero to 3-mile commute.

An established reputation. I start from ground zero on my next job.

It was a great 4 1/2 years and I hope to keep in touch with those I need to via LinkedIn and Facebook.


3 comments:

Dimple July 16, 2011 at 12:40 AM  

Nice post.. It looks like you had a great team..All the best for your new job... :)

shuchita July 16, 2011 at 1:01 PM  

best of luck for the new job

Jahn 'n Style July 17, 2011 at 11:54 PM  

"In order to be successful at work, it is essential to surround yourself with the right kind of people" - So true!!

all the best for your new job and new responsibilities!!

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital