Of Books And Scrapbooks

My daughter is back from her field trip. No points for guessing, I did not volunteer to be a chaperon. Instead, I threw a scrap booking party for the girls to journal their trip, when its still fresh in their memory.

Its been a week of books, good books to be specific. I did not want the book, "The Help" to end. Read it as slowly as I could, cherishing every word.

Cleave transitions seamlessly between humor and serious issues in the "Little Bee". However I did not like the fact that the author/publishing requests the readers not to reveal the story. If I can convey what's in that book in 3-4 sentences, I wonder what's the point in writing the book in the first place?

It was a good read and the book would would have done quite well, even with out adding that statement on the book cover.

Happy Mother's Day

6 comments:

Tanvi May 8, 2011 at 4:03 PM  

Happy Mother's Day to you too! These were lovely pictures. The Help has been on my reading list since a long time. I should get to it soon!

♡ from © tanvii.com

KParthasarathi May 8, 2011 at 4:57 PM  

Thanks for the mini review of the two books.I will look for them.

suburbanmumma May 8, 2011 at 6:50 PM  

Wow!! A scrap booking party is even better than Chaperoning!!
And lovely roses-Happy mother's day to you!

A May 8, 2011 at 6:59 PM  

Happy Mother's day. Nice pictures

rama May 8, 2011 at 7:45 PM  

Happy Mother's day!
Those roses are lovely. Will look for the books.

Inky Pinky May 10, 2011 at 5:20 AM  

Enter the Tangier Giveaway

http://huesofpink.blogspot.com/2011/05/tangier-giveaway.html

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital