Central Island, Toronto

With six kids on the trip, Central Island in Toronto was a perfect destination for a day trip. We took a ferry from the mainland and a beautiful view of Toronto unfolds as you head towards the island. There are different activities for younger kids like carousal, mini-amusement park, bike rentals or simply running around the park.
We rented a couple of these bikes and rode around the park racing each other. The kids enjoyed the ferris wheel and galloped around pretending to be horses. They had fun and kept us entertained.
I am a sucker for old fashioned light houses.The Gibraltar Light House built in 1808 has its own charm and is supposedly the oldest surviving lighthouses on the Great Lakes.
We met a couple of my cousins and their families including my lovely nieces and my aunt who recently turned 75. Its amazing how sharp her memory is. She could recall who attended whose wedding. The above picture was taken from my nieces' apartment in Toronto.

6 comments:

Tanvi July 17, 2011 at 11:24 PM  

Oh! finally a city I have been to :P haha! Great shots!

♡ from © tanvii.com

Jahn 'n Style July 17, 2011 at 11:56 PM  

love the last click!! really nice :)
great place!

rama July 18, 2011 at 1:28 AM  

I also love the last picture very much.

Bikramjit July 18, 2011 at 5:36 AM  

beautiful place and lovely pics ...

Bikram's

Dimple July 18, 2011 at 11:34 AM  

the bike ride sounds fun :) you must have had a lot of fun with your relatives and aunt. and by the way last pic looks beautiful... :)

STYLE'N July 23, 2011 at 9:56 AM  

gorgeous photos! I came here a lot when I was younger.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital