Ile d'Orleans, Quebec

My brothers' families joined us on our trip to Canada. In total we were 6 adults and 6 kids touring Canada. If you were in the vicinity and saw a loud and crazy group, it was probably us. One night, me and my two sister-in-laws took off for a girls night with the dads(aka my husband and two brothers) watching the kids. Don't worry about them, they had way too many nights out. The lady who worked at the Bed and Breakfast we stayed in, suggested a real nice area for us to hang out and we bar-hopped all night.
We followed her suggestion one more time and headed to a local hang out spot. Its a small island off of the city called Ile d'Orleans. Most of the local produce comes from this island like berries, breads, beets, wine and maple syrups. As you drive along, you will see churches, farms, garden shops, and beautiful houses preserved from a time from the past. A few of the  families who live here can be traced back to the 1600s.

Can you imagine working here in this nursery (as in where they sell plants) on a gentle hill overlooking St Lawrence river? May be its time to re-think my retirement plans !!!

8 comments:

Tanvi July 10, 2011 at 2:26 PM  

Looks like a BEAUTIFUL place ... On my list for sure!!!

P.S. Thanks for your kind words Geeta! :)

♡ from © tanvii.com

Jahn 'n Style July 10, 2011 at 8:26 PM  

lovely place Geeta!! I feel like taking a vacation now...

rama July 11, 2011 at 6:14 AM  

Wow! Geeta, quite a long vacation, good you could take off and enjoy every bit of it. When are you back,or are you already back. Post some pictures of yourself and the family. Tell us also about the things you have bought. It feels so good to read about places visited by others, and I feel I should visit them too.
I went to Anu's my dream canvas, and saw such a beautiful small cottage by the sea,it was absolutely breathtaking, in BC, and it can be rented for vacation.
I am glad you are having a great time.

Natasha July 11, 2011 at 6:45 AM  

Wow..Sounds like a lot of fun..Post some pics of your Girls' night out..Bet you guys painted the town red :)

Bikramjit July 12, 2011 at 7:43 AM  

I have heard quebec is beautiful, I had gone to vancouver and we had planned ot go there but somehow the plan did not materialise .. maybe next time ..

You had a great vacation then ..

Bikram's

Dimple July 14, 2011 at 11:09 AM  

Wow! I never knew Canada was so beautiful. the place looks so serene and sply the lane looks so inviting.. Im sure you gals had lot of fun enjoying the quiet place without our usual hustle..

Cara Larose August 1, 2011 at 8:38 AM  

That place is peaceful and it has clean surroundings too. Even I would want to work or have a vacation here. Apart from working and having a vacation, it would also be nice to live in this kind of place when you get old. =)

Logement a louer Quebec January 6, 2012 at 7:49 PM  

Quebec is one of the best place to enjoy holidays. It is very easy to get a home or apartment on rent that easily. It provide full of facilities and attractive features.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital