Rain … Now and Then

Growing up, we never relied on weather report to see if we needed a jacket or raincoat when we headed out to school. In Chennai the weather is predominantly hot or warm with a few occasional showers of rain. The best part of rainy days was in riding our bikes back home from school sans raincoat with friends.

We would come home to savor hot rasam and rice with cilantro chutney. This remained my comfort food until middle school when Chennai saw the influx of North Indian Cuisine and my loyalties shifted. I started reaching out for Chaat and Chai for those days.

Ri and Ro do not know what it is to get drenched in rain, as it is accompanied by thunder and lightning or the temperature drops making it unsuited to be outdoors. The closest they come to is playing in water when the sprinklers are turned on.

My umbrella was inside the car and it was raining when I left from work last evening. It was nostalgic to get wet in the rain. The walk was short and I did not get enough of the rain. After my drive back home I continued to enjoy it from my favorite spot with a steaming cup of chai

4 comments:

It's Me,  July 6, 2010 at 3:15 AM  

Hahah....whenever I get the chance...don't miss out on getting drenched in rain even today. I did get drenched in rain and came bk home to write a blog on it....chk my blog....for the rendezvous story ;-) - Jenz

Geeta,  July 6, 2010 at 8:36 PM  

We haven't changed much from our school days.

I did read that post a while ago on your blog. The one with the twist at the end.

GB August 5, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

I like your little window seat...very pretty.

I let my son go out and play in the puddles once the rain is done...he heads straight for the bath afterwards... :)

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital