Books Galore


When I am busy I somehow find the time to accomplish a lot.  Ironically, for the days with unstructured time, I seem to have a bigger list of time pass activities. Like aimlessly sit in front of t.v and sift channels or read a chicklit. I am taking a few days off at the end of the year and can't wait to do 'nothing'.

The kids (and grandma a.k.a, my mother-in-law) are asleep, hubby at Mavericks game and I am loving this silence at home. Will probably cuddle up with one of the goodies I ordered from Barnes and Nobles. 

I am a big sucker for women in power or leadership roles. I bought Condoleezza Rice's book for Riya. Its never too early for girls to read about inspiring women or have an active interest in current affairs.

Image Source - barnesandnoble.com

7 comments:

Jahn 'n Style December 15, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

I can totally relate to - "When I am busy I somehow find the time to accomplish a lot". and also - "when I'm under pressure, I learn more"

Bhargavi December 15, 2010 at 10:08 PM  

I am a big sucker for Women in power roles too :-) .. enjoy the goodies from B&N. The Nigella Lawson book does look tempting.

Tanvi December 15, 2010 at 11:13 PM  

When I am busy, I accomplish a lot toooo! And Love to read about Women in Power tooo ... I picture it being ME instead of them! ;)

shuchita December 16, 2010 at 1:07 AM  

you are right doing things in a unstructured manner leads to doing almost nothing,I also love reading women in power kinda books and am a big fan of nigella

Natasha December 16, 2010 at 6:04 AM  

Wow! How true! Even I somehow manage to accomplish a lot more when I am busy as opposed to lazing around when I know I only have a couple of things on my to-do list :)

A December 16, 2010 at 10:31 AM  

When I don't have anything to do, I don't. I just try to sleep. Don't even watch TV. Rarely I get a chance like that though.

Geeta,  December 17, 2010 at 6:05 AM  

Jahn - I agree with the pressure. I work well under pressure.

Bedazzled - She is one of my fav chefs.

Tanvii - ... needless to say huh!

Shuchita - Same here

Natasha - I guess the name is procrastination.

A - Doing nothing - is something I am working on. lol

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital