Hot Chocolate Recipe


I know its ridiculous, the temperature outside is 75 and all I wanted to drink this evening was a cup mug of hot chocolate, like its snowing outside.

Recipe for my Spiced Hot Chocolate

Add a cup of milk to a sauce pan.
To it add 10 - 15 semi sweet chocolate chips. I use Ghirardelli chips.
Sprinkle 1/4th a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and 1/4th a teaspoon of cardamom powder.
Warm the milk on low heat. Continue stirring the ingredients.
Don't bring the milk to a boil but until its very hot.
Garnish with the usual suspects - cinnamon powder and grated chocolate.

Lately I have been watching a lot of TV (hence the MIA), especially those movies that airs a lot during this time of the year like Harry Potter, Miracle on the 34th Street and the likes. This weekend I saw "You've Got Mail"on ACM (American Classic Movies) on tv for the one hundredth time and for the one hundredth time, I felt bad when Meg Ryan closed her book store. Sigh !!!

Its Patty's last Weekend party for the year. Do stop by her virtual party.

9 comments:

Jahn 'n Style December 20, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

thanks for sharing the recipe :)..it's chilly in Bangalore, I can have some hot chocolate :):):)
U've got mail is one of my fav movies too :)

shuchita December 20, 2010 at 11:04 PM  

surprisingly it's a little chilly here in Mumbai also I know hubby would love a mug of hot chocolate in the evening
and I love You've got mail along with all the other chick flicks
happy holidays :)

shruti December 21, 2010 at 1:20 AM  

Looks tempting.... I love Hot Chocolate.. Hubby Dear knows that whenever we go for a movie he has to get me a hot choclate cup during intervl... thats the time whn I enjoy my hot chocolate the most... sipping it through the movie :)

Bhargavi December 21, 2010 at 4:57 AM  

yummmy!! ghirardelli's stuff is so aweseome i love their caramel squares..you've got mail is one of my fav movies

Natasha December 21, 2010 at 5:33 AM  

75 degrees..Sounds like heaven :) But, its a perfect time for us to have a cup of hot chocolate..Thnx for the recipe :)

A December 21, 2010 at 6:55 AM  

It is been 35F maximum here. Typical evening it is 30 and feels like 20F. But life is usual for us. We are still doing what we do otherwise.

Thanks for a simple recipe. Even I can make hot chocolate now. :)))

GB December 21, 2010 at 8:30 AM  

You've got mail has to be one of my favorite movies. Love meg +tom together. sigh.

Tanvi December 21, 2010 at 11:18 AM  

We have been having Hot Chocolate everyday for a week now ... Today finally Mr. said that enough for the season now :P

Indie.Tea December 23, 2010 at 12:50 AM  

Your hot chocolate looks delicious (nice pix)...very rich and spicy.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital