Kids n Vegas



The best and must see shows not only for kids are the free ones like the Musical Water Fountains at Bellagio and the Volcano at Mirage. If you have seen the pirates one at Treasure Island before, its a bit modified now.  So do check out reviews to see if your kids are ready for it.


As we entered the Dolphin Habitat and the Secret Garden of Siegfried & Roy the trainers were feeding the dolphins. The dolphins ate and nothing spectacular happened. Just as we started cribbing about the 15$ entrance fee, three generations of dolphins (grandma, mommy and daughter) started flipping in the air. The youngest was mischievous with the cleaner/trainer who was in the water doing his work. She kept the spectators entertained for a while. Do note, there are no rehearsed shows here, just natural behaviors of dolphins as you would see in the wild. So your experience can be completely different from mine. The highlight of the secret garden are the white tigers including a couple of white baby tigers.

Next on my list is the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. My son loves animals and that is pretty much the reason we visited. Its small and not really worth another 15$ per person. However I loved the turtles, it looked like they were playing catch me if you can with each other.


There are a few shows appropriate for kids and I will let you decide which ones are appropriate for your kids. You can consider taking your kids to  
  • LOVE - Cirque du Soleil at Mirage(this one is all about the musical legacy of Beatles)
  • Cirque du Soleil's O Show at Bellagio 
  • MGM's Disney's Lion King 
  • Magic shows. 
  • Apart from this there are arcades for kids at Circus Circus and Excalibur.
The key to having a fabulous vacation in Vegas with kids is to be able to do kids stuff and adult activities. I would highly suggest planning a trip with a close friend or relative, that way the adults can take turns watching the kids at night while a few can go out and have fun. 

I did something special with my daughter and you will have to come back tomorrow to know where we went.

5 comments:

Bikramjit January 6, 2011 at 6:27 AM  

I to owant to go there ... me tooo me toooo lovely pics and it seems you had a good time with your little one ...

Bikram's

Jahn 'n Style January 6, 2011 at 9:19 AM  

u sure had a fabulous vacation!! lovely pictures Geeta :):)

frenchleaveblog January 7, 2011 at 11:08 PM  

Nice to see y'all are enjoying! Your descriptions remind me of my boyfriend's trip to vegas and his stories. Cirque de Soleil are my favourites anyway! :)

Raji January 8, 2011 at 5:56 PM  

This looks like so much fun!!
You never hear much about what you can do in Vegas aside from loose money, this is such a wonderful alternative!

GB January 10, 2011 at 5:10 AM  

Looks like you had fun. Zoos and aquariums would be where I would head to with my kid too!

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital