of Cooking Shows and Clubs


Aarti in her set; Pictures from Food Network.com

Most times when I watch cooking shows, more likely than not, I am there to hang out and hear the host ramble a few personal stories rather than to replicate the recipes on my own. I watched Aarti Sequeria’s “Aarti Party” on Food Network. Her set is whimsical, colorful and her show a delight to watch. Personally I like women who dare to dream high and are not afraid to go after it. She is definitely one among them.

We have heard of book clubs and the good food that goes along with each one of these. I was intrigued by one of her show, where she mentions her accountability group. It’s an adaptation of the one in Steven Covey’s book and works the same way where they help one another achieve their goals in life by charting the course of actions. We have seen boys club work really well in Corporate America; may be this is something women with clear vision should consider.

8 comments:

SG September 14, 2010 at 8:01 PM  

Nice one. I watch her show. I have one regret. I was going to write a post on Aarti's Party. You beat me to it. One consolation. Your writing is much better than mine.

GB September 14, 2010 at 8:11 PM  

So when does the show run? I usually only watch the morning shows at the gym. Hadn't even heard of her, I'm sorry to say. :( the accountability group idea is appealing (tho' isn't that what girlfriends are for? :)!! Nice post, I'm going to look up the local time for her show.

Geeta,  September 14, 2010 at 8:31 PM  

SG - You should write one on this show as you have more readers than I do and I love your write-ups.

GB - I think she airs on Sunday afternoons. Maybe its just me, I don't really talk career goals/path with girl friends nor chart my 5 year goals with them. I reach out for GFs when I need a break from it.

Bhargavi September 14, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

sounds like a fun show ... I have watched food network on and off .. but more for entertainment ;-) ..

Geeta,  September 15, 2010 at 5:36 AM  

Pat - The host of this cooking show belongs to a group called the accountability group. Where they discuss each others life/career goals and chart out the ways to achieve it. You can get more info on this one in the book "The Seven Habits of the Highly Effective".

This show runs only in the US, may be Canada but I am not sure.

shuchita September 15, 2010 at 8:02 PM  

I also like the personal stories part of any such show

PreeOccupied September 19, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

I have seen her and like her. Proud that she has an Indian background.

Geeta,  September 19, 2010 at 9:38 AM  

Pree - Absolutely.

Shuchita - Me too. Its not fun to get the information any more, personalization does add its own value.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital