Yin Yoga

 via

Tao meets Yoga in Yin Yoga. This form of yoga focuses on the joints rather than the muscles and is practiced by holding the stretches and poses longer. I am not sure what the long term benefits are; but I can vouch for one short term benefit. "Sleep". I came back an hour ago from the class and can hardly keep my eyes open.

I signed up for two week unlimited classes and can't wait to try out other new forms of yoga. Hubby dear, is so happy his team is doing awesome in Fantasy Football. He's been filling me in on various strategies that's making his team win. You guessed it right. Its falling on deaf ears.

6 comments:

rama September 28, 2010 at 4:10 AM  

Sure you didn't go to the class after staying up late to bake those lovely pumpkin pie for the kids, that must be the reason for your instant sleep. Just joking!

Patricia Torres September 28, 2010 at 11:52 AM  

oh wow!! So how many classes did you attend in all.. I started yoga classes only in July... but just couldnt lift a leg.. Im horrible.. at this stuff..

Geeta,  September 28, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

Bedazzled - This is my first time with Yin yoga. I think it depends on the form/type of yoga, some are fast paced and some relax you and ease sleeping.

Rama - You are close. Went to yoga after my son's soccer game and all the cheering I had to do.

Pat - One class a day so far and you do hang in there pretty soon you will get over the pain part and into all the different poses.

SG September 28, 2010 at 5:27 PM  

Nice info on Yin Yoga. I have not heard about this so far. Glad to know your husband is doing awesome in Fantasy Football. I would certainly be interested his take on "Stud RB Theory" when it comes to drafting.

STYLE'N September 29, 2010 at 8:38 PM  

good luck with this class. I attended one of these and I liked it but I felt like i needed to go work out after. We literally held 5 poses over the course of an hour. I think it's a great addition to regular workouts and probably good on the joints. let us know how you like it!

Geeta,  September 30, 2010 at 8:11 PM  

SG - Certainly, you both can discuss stud theory (what ever that is).

GB - I sleep a lot!!!! I should seriously look out for ones that are not so pro-sleep.

Style'n - Right on spot and especially when time is the biggest limitation, Yin is a good fit for a self practice at home.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital