Cook's Nook

In lieu of a few nooks, I welcome all of you to my second first work space a.k.a my kitchen. Some of you might have seen my breakfast corner linked via Colours Dekor and here is the rest of my kitchen.


Personally I do not cook dishes that need elaborate procedures. Kids, their activities, Yoga, movies, reading, shopping and partying are my excuses.


Weekdays, I am usually back from work at 6 and the kids hit the bed at 8:30. Add in a couple of activities, I have less than an hour to get dinner ready apart from looking into their school work, listening to their updates on who did what to whom and dealing with my own head-aches from work. Weekday dinners are mostly quick and healthy fixes like soups with noodles/wild rice, salads or wraps and the likes.



I am not a packrat and adhere to a clean desk policy in my kitchen. The appliances go into one of these bottom cabinets. Except for a few, nothing stays on the counters. I buy a few cook books mostly to drool over the pictures than to follow recipes. Here are some books from my collection.



When friends come over, the island is pepped up with flowers and candles. We move the bar stools around this temporarily clutter free island and gather around for a drink or two while cooking. Some weekends, my hubby cooks and I get to sit on the stool in the pretext of helping the chef.


If you love solving puzzles, picture these photographs anti-clock wise to visualize my kitchen. I am linking this post to The Key Bunch for their October virtual carnival.

11 comments:

SG October 5, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

Your kitchen looks nice. Especially, the island.

GB October 5, 2010 at 5:44 PM  

I agree, my kitchen island is the hub of everything too. Unfortunately I am a pack rat and it tends to get very messy. Nothing a quick cleaning can't fix tho'. this is where friends graviate to as well! :)

Geeta, I'm hosting a giveaway and would love for you to join in! Thanks.

Purnima@a creative project October 5, 2010 at 6:08 PM  

I love your neat and tidy kitchen. I also like to keep the counters as clear of stuff as possible. It gives me peace of mind..otherwise it causes unnecessary stress.I am missing my kitchen in Zurich!!

Bhargavi October 5, 2010 at 7:13 PM  

The brass utensils are a lovely addition to your kitchen..i have an island fixation too ..love the small knicknacks that you have placed near the books ..very pretty 1

Sharon October 5, 2010 at 8:39 PM  

Love the spanking clean kitchen, the cozy dining area, and I envy you so for having an island as nice as that one! I just couldn't work an island into my kitchen design as the builder had already fitted stuff into a galley layout!:(

Lovely kitchen, Geeta, and thank you so much for this great post. Haha, the puzzle is a good one...I am going to arrange these in photoshop or picasa now:)

Ta!

rama October 6, 2010 at 12:02 AM  

A beautiful kitchen indeed!
I simply love the color and paint texture on the wall. And surprise, surprise we too have the same masks like yours but have not found the right place to hang them. We have been collecting so many things in our years together that we don't have place to display everything properly.
I am also a big clean freak, if anybody has entered the kitchen, I go after they have left(to be polite), and wipe everything that I know they would have touched with their turmeric, chilly powder finger etc. I have to do this for I had opted for a white Italian kitchen cabinets( which were the only affordable ones at that time). I must say i have maintained my kitchen very well, for it is almost 11 years now.
I also love people who keep their kitchen and house clean.
My husband says I suffer from OCD, maybe,but i like it that way.
Great blog and lovely pictures.

sulagna ™ October 6, 2010 at 1:29 AM  

ohh..i love your kitchen..its like my stress free zone once i return from office...i am so much at peace with the pots and pans :) and your kitchen :) beautiful Geeta

PreeOccupied October 6, 2010 at 6:02 AM  

Beautiful color. I love the color of wood all over. The island is perfect to be perched up there.

Geeta,  October 6, 2010 at 7:38 PM  

Thank you all for your kind sweet words.

Patricia Torres October 8, 2010 at 11:46 AM  

Your kitchen is definitely something I could fall in love with.. Its amazing.. I've seen a mini glimpse of it.. and its been in my heart.. This post will have a special place in my heart for sure!! :-)

Geeta,  October 11, 2010 at 6:44 AM  

Pat - You made my day!!! Especially coming from such a creative person like you.

Silence Sings - Take your time, no rush.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital