10,000 Miles Away


Yesterday, at 8:30PM, I went to Walmart to get some whistles and reached the theater at 8:50PM. Need I say I was waiting to watch Indhiran, a Rajinikant movie in Tamil. My husband and I stood in line to get into the movie hall and one of my buddies from school joined us later. The queue in the picture is only half of what you see, the rest are inside the building.


My sophisticated husband had a few glitches with the whistles in the beginning but joined the fun-fare in no time.

The movie "Indhiran" (meaning Robot), is a must see for all those who miss the villain Rajinikant. Comedy is predictable and I was pretty impressed with the special effects in the climax scene; not just the technical aspect but also the creative side of it. One thing missing in the movie going experience is the cut out of Thalaivar (a.k.a Rajinikant).

I am still working out and enjoying my Yoga; how was your weekend?

8 comments:

rama October 3, 2010 at 10:10 PM  

Thanks for this lovely review. I am waiting for my husband to be a little. the minute it happens we are going to see the movie. I already read the review from another blogger friend, and he said to skip it, but he also said you cannot prevent a die hard Rajani fan from not seeing it. I am his fan, so i am hooked.
Glad you enjoyed the movie.
My weekend was good.

sulagna ™ October 3, 2010 at 11:00 PM  

you really enjoyed the movie :) my hubby and i kept laughing at aishwarya and her wierd clothes...but now i am alls et to watch Dabang !!!

SG October 3, 2010 at 11:17 PM  

Nice review. I like it. We saw Endhiran movie last Friday. My view of this movie is going to be published at 6 PM Monday evening California time. Please read and comment. Thanks.

Geeta,  October 4, 2010 at 6:14 AM  

Rama - We happen to be one of those fans of Rajni, so no matter what, we will love his movies.

Sulagna - Weird and ridiculous clothes are part of Tamil cinema. This one compares way better than some of the predecessors.

Let me know who Dabaang is.

SG - Of course will read yours as well.

Bhargavi October 4, 2010 at 12:16 PM  

the queue isnt bad at all !! we saw the movie over weekend as well..i liked it..amused at the *went to walmart to buy whistles* bit

shuchita October 5, 2010 at 8:10 AM  

Still haven't seen the movie but beginning to like the idea of seeing it :)
whistle buying is a great idea

An Open Book October 5, 2010 at 2:52 PM  

ooh ive been hearing so much about this movie..just that i cant sit through 3 hrs of rajnikant stunts...but my husband says we shud def watch it just for entertainment sake:)

Geeta,  October 5, 2010 at 3:43 PM  

Bedazzled - I was amused by the sheer fact that there was a q'.

Shuchita - Give it a shot, but keep your expectations low. That always helps with Indian movies.

Open book - There is nothing but Rajinikant and more Rajinikant in the movie.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital