Weekend Diary


We have a beautiful view from our backyard and the first few rays of the morning sun are always spectacular; more so in Autumn. M and I started the day together enjoying the sunrise as we prepped prepped ourselves for the festivities ahead.

Friday, I took the afternoon off to kick start my cooking. I am one of those who overuse excel spread sheets and list all the things I need to do (like buy milk to chop celery) in the same order I plan to execute. Friday's menu was pulav, sundal, chaat, salad and Barefoot Contessa's Chocolate Chunk Blondies. We spent that evening in the company of a couple of select friends.
 
Saturday, one of my sweetest cousin sister, uncle and aunt and their family visited us and food was mainly South Indian including my all-time-favorite avial, rasam, sambar, papad, plain white rice, potato fry and store bought kaju katli for dessert.

Salad, Potato fry, Rasam and Barefoot Contessa's Chocolate Chunk Blondies

Sunday, dad and son played golf with M's friend and it was Ro's first time accompanying his dad and he assured me he was going to do everything in his might to make his dad win the game. My daughter and I decided to spent some one-on-one time and visited friends for Golu. We badly wanted to sneak in a coffee-hot-chocolate date but that did not happen.

We wrapped the weekend with a rainy day check for missing out on our mom-daughter date and a beautiful view of the sky captured a few minutes after sunset. Nothing says winding down to me more than watching the colors of the sky, laid back on an outdoor recliner in my back yard.


This post is for Pat's Weekend Wrap Up - Week 1.

6 comments:

GB October 11, 2010 at 8:02 PM  

I like your views! I also like the spreadsheet idea...I make tyhe menu list before a party and hang it up....then there's a flowchart type of graphic for every task...ie, cut onions, chop garlic....i tick off as i'm done. Have you seen that episode of winnie the pooh where rabbit is organizing a party? I'm a little like that when time is tight.

SG October 11, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

I am glad you had a great weekend. The food looks yummy. Barefoot Contessa's Chocolate Chunk Blondies? Cool. But I like her Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes.

Patricia Torres October 11, 2010 at 8:07 PM  

aaaww.. coffee hot chocolate date sounds awesome.. Your weekend so sounds like mine.. Its lovely to see what all this..

The food looks awesome... far too gorgeous to eat!! I dont really cook... so envy anyone who has mastered this art.. Well done..

Thank you so so much for the lovely post.. :-)

Geeta,  October 11, 2010 at 8:44 PM  

GB - WOW !!! flowchart. You are way ahead of the game there.

SG - I did not like the Blondies much, will try the Ganache cup cakes next time.

Pat - You are welcome. Its always fun joining you in your virtual party.

shuchita October 11, 2010 at 9:20 PM  

sounds like a perfect weekend Geeta, the views are great from your house

Bhargavi October 13, 2010 at 8:19 PM  

Droool at all the food ..

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital