Christmas Day Brunch

I am not a big gadget person and a very few appeal to me. Like the dishwasher that truly washes without help or a GPS/beeper that can tell me where my car is parked in a crowded lot. Its sad most of these are not in market yet. I have been eying the hand blender for a while. Santa apparently heard that and I got one. It's only obvious, I went over board with the whipping.

I whipped up milk for my coffee, cocoa and milk for hot chocolate and finally whipped up a Panettone French Toast.
Panettone is an Italian cake you get only during the holiday season. The taste is similar to the plum or fruit cake and is a lot less sweeter making it a good candidate for a French Toast. May be we should be called an Italian-French-Toast.

Recipe

4 Egg Whites
2 Cups Milk
A Pinch of Saffron
1 Teaspoon Illaichi Powder
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
1 Panettone

Method
  1. Slice and discard the top crust and bottom.
  2. Slice the remaining panettone into slices of medium thickness
  3. Whip all of the above except the Panettone.
  4. Dip the sliced panettone into the mixture and toast it on a hot gridle
  5. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top before serving.
I usually add a pinch of cinnamon powder to the sugar and powder it in a small coffee grinder.

1 comments:

shuchita December 25, 2011 at 8:01 PM  

Looks yum, Happy Holidays :)

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital