Tawny, Pecan and Berry Reds



"Wearing too little can diminish your credibility as much as wearing too much" is an excerpt taken from Lois P. Frankel's book "Nice Girls Don't Get The Corner Office 101", where she talks about 'Make Up' and it sure fits right in with my work place.

For an everyday look I like to keep my skin/face as natural as possible with an even skin tone and un-chapped lips made possible by applying and re-applying lip gloss. If I can't get to the cup of Joe, then its mascara to the rescue to wake my eyes up.

Here is my detailed facial morning routine in 5 easy steps
Apply Loreal's Age Perfect Moisturizer right after shower
Dab and spread Aveda's concealer (shade : Pecan) under the eyes
5 dots of Estee Lauder's Double Wear (Tawny 05) concealer to spread all over my face.
Add Victoria Secret's Beauty Rush Mascara if needed
Finish it off with any of Victoria Secret's Beauty Rush Lip Gloss.

Let me know what your morning facial routine is and the products you use.


Image Sources : here, here, here and here.

12 comments:

Sound Horn Please November 12, 2010 at 7:02 PM  

Hey Geeta- Thanks much for adding me to your list! :) Its super that you are so certain about the concealer you use. Its always trial and error for me and most of them end up looking awful!

Tanvi November 12, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

Face Scrub [Avene], Face Wash [Biore], Moisturizer with SPF 15 [Neutregena], Strawberry Flavor Lip Balm [Body Shop] ... I don't use any make up!

Indie.Tea November 12, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

I agree with the too-much/too-little comment - a little tackful make up makes it look like you care about your appearance, makes you look professional and tidy and well-dressed...

Bhargavi November 12, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

I have super sensitive skin ,so its just a lip balm, kajal and eyeliner for me .. how i wish i could really experiment with stuff..sigh !

Natasha November 12, 2010 at 8:18 PM  

I totally agree with the excerpt! My routine is something like this :
Face wash (Neutrogena), Moisturizer with SPF ( Neutrogena), Kajal (Good ol' lakme pencil from India:)), Lip Gloss (sheer from VS) and I'm done!

Geeta,  November 13, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

Sound Horn Please - Aveda is the first concealer I tried and worked. In fact they have very few shades.

Tanvii - Sweet, nice to know you don't use make up. I used to be like that, but a few are sneaking in with age.

Indie.Tea - Well said.

Bedazzled - As long as it works for you.

Natasha - Too bad, I don't use kajal. My eyes get so watery when I use it.

Jahn 'n Style November 13, 2010 at 10:13 AM  

i keep it minimal at workplace - moisturizer for my skin, lip balm and kohl for my eyes..

Sapphire November 13, 2010 at 1:20 PM  

Hey! I use a face-scrub (Lotus Herbals), face wash (Aroma Magic). I use a lip balm (Body Shop - strawberry flavour) and I usually don't wear make-up. Perhaps, just kajal (Cameleon or Lakme) and lip-gloss (ColorBar/Lakme) occasionally!!

GB November 14, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

It's just kajal and lipgloss/lipstick for me...my skin sweats like crazy under even the thinnest film of makeup. My essential routine involves taming the caterpillars!...if they're good, all else is good! heh heh!

STYLE'N November 15, 2010 at 4:08 AM  

Love make up posts this time of year--I think lip gloss always makes such a lovely gift for a girlfriend. Thanks for your lovely comment on the blog today :)
Happy Monday,
Naina

Geeta,  November 15, 2010 at 7:24 PM  

Thanks Ladies for all your comments. Enjoyed reading it.

Dimple November 16, 2010 at 6:09 AM  

I use oil control face wash (Himalaya)kajal (Chambor)and Revlon lip gloss and Im ready to go...

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital