Count Down To The Festival Of Lights - Part 1


Have you heard about Destination Imagination? It is an amazing way to instill creativity in young minds. I volunteered again this year to manage a team for Riya's grade. We made sure it was an all girls team. Go Girl Power!

While the girls thought through various mythological characters for their Destination Imagination project, I made coconut burfis for Diwali and the girls gladly volunteered to be my official tasters. Tomorrow I plan to take a few to my team at work.



But that's it guys, the reminder of the sweets and snacks will be courtesy the Indian stores or sweet stalls. I ingest way too many calories in the pretext of tasting, to get it right. Not worth it and I know there is a word out there in the dictionary that means self-control. I just can't seem to practice it, if I am in the vicinity of the object of my liking.

I am linking it to Patty's Weekend Party. Its always fun to jump into her virtual parties.

6 comments:

Patricia Torres November 2, 2010 at 1:24 AM  

Wow!! Coconut burfis sounds awesome!! Ha ha.. all my sweets and snacks are courtesy the Indian store… so don’t you worry!! Oh.. thank you so so much for joining the weekend madness.. Its always nice to see new blogs! Your blog is lovely.. for some reason.. I cant seem to click follow.. (guess its blocked from work).. I’ll come back and follow tonight… Happy Blogging.. Cant wait to see more!!

shuchita November 2, 2010 at 6:02 AM  

wow you made it yourself and that too here where there is no help am inspired,have a happy prosperous and fun filled diwali with your family
and i am staying only in new york this time or would have loved to meet you :)
looking forward to more pics

SG November 2, 2010 at 5:08 PM  

Burfi looks yummy. Happy diwali to you and your family.

Geeta,  November 2, 2010 at 6:19 PM  

Pat - The pleasure is mine.

Shuchita & SG - TY and Same to you, have a wonderful Diwali.

PreeOccupied November 3, 2010 at 8:36 AM  

That burfi looks gorgeous and so does your new banner!

Geeta,  November 3, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

Pree - Thank you.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital