Cookies Anyone?

Its been one long monotonous week. I was so out of inspiration until my housekeeper came in and cleaned up my entire kitchen. Its a delight to cook in a clean kitchen with no dirty dishes in the sink and I am a much better person in a cleaner house. Does that make any sense to you?

We (as in my husband and I) have been working long hours (actually stressful than long) for a while now.  We took a day off to simply reconnect and recharge. I made some oatmeal raisin cookies from scratch for an afternoon snack. I followed Smitten Kitchen's recipe.

The cookie dough was made by mixing flour (which I replaced with Bob's Redmill 10 grain pancake and waffle mix), egg, brown sugar, butter, baking soda, cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, raisins and rolled oats.
Chill the dough for an hour and scoop it out on the cookie sheet.
Preheat oven to 350F and pop the cookie sheet into the oven.
Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes or until done. Unlike cakes and brownies, the definition of done is different for cookies. You may want to take them out when it is done in the corners and slightly moist in the center as it cooks a little more during the cooling down time.
Have a lovely weekend!!!

6 comments:

Tanvi February 26, 2011 at 5:33 AM  

These look delicious!!! Hope you have a good relaxing weekend.

shuchita February 26, 2011 at 5:33 AM  

the cookies look so yum and I can not cook in a dirty kitchen
have a lovely weekend too

Bhargavi February 26, 2011 at 8:52 PM  

yum..!!I agree that cooking in a clean kitchen is bliss ..

Linhy March 8, 2011 at 6:51 PM  

Yummy cookie looks really good!!!! Yeah def. follow me!! I am one of your followers now!

Haddock March 10, 2011 at 4:31 AM  

OK I will have one... :-)

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital