Love Thy Salad


The snow and ice kept us home the whole of last week. Schools were out for 4 days in a row. By Sunday the Sun was up and the weather was gorgeous for the game. We stayed home and watched the Super bowl. The go to food was Chilli, salad and cookies made from scratch. My husband and daughter picked the team to root for.

Emeril Laggasse's recipes are becoming a family favorite. We followed his recipe and a slow cooker to make Chilli and it turned out great. I am looking for a recipe to make pasta sauce at home. We The kids eat so much pasta, I feel bad to serve them the store bought sauce with lots of sodium.

Let me know if you have a favorite recipe.

6 comments:

Inky Pinky February 8, 2011 at 10:41 PM  

The salad looks yum! I do have a very simple recipe for pasta that I discovered recently. I will email it to u ..m sure u wudnt wannt me to post the entire recipe in the comment box :)

http://huesofpink.blogspot.com

shruti February 8, 2011 at 10:45 PM  

The Salad looks YUM and Nutritious too !!
I have been following so many food blogs lately and am completely in love with the way people do experiment with the recipes. I tried one myslef a day before.. Will not call it Shahi Paneer , but a version of it.. and interestingly it turned out delicious. Will post the pics soon.

rama February 9, 2011 at 12:21 AM  

I am hooked to egg less cake made with whole wheat flour these days and keep trying them out pretty often. I found a nice site in the internet.
Your salad looks very good. I am glad you are finding some interesting things to do to make your forced down stay at home during bad weather.
Must make use of all kinds of weather to our advantage, instead of complaining: that is the spirit!

shuchita February 9, 2011 at 1:03 AM  

the salad looks so yum can you post the recipe??
I make a very simple red sauce with pureed tomatoes, garlic,onions,oregano with just a tbs of store made pasta sauce for color, you can also put chilly flakes in if you like spicy and basil depending on your preference

Jahn 'n Style February 13, 2011 at 3:28 AM  

the salad looks so yummy!!
my fav recipe these days is chicken pot roast! :):)

Haddock February 18, 2011 at 9:20 AM  

That looks like a healthy one.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital