A Day in My Weekend

Some weekends are crazier than others and its weekends like this that reminds me of the good old times of lazying around, getting bored and desperately looking for activities to keep myself busy. Life lesson - Enjoy your current phase in life, as the wise say this will pass too. So here I am enjoying my super mommy-hood.

9 AM - On days like this where I pick up the first shift of chauffeuring the kids around, breakfast is eihter cereal or scrambled eggs. That certainly gives me time to change and not head out in yoga pants.


10:30 AM - My son and I were at his soccer game, the first one this season. His team lost, no big deal, we are there so he can run around with the other boys for 60 minutes and chase the ball. At the end of the game he tells me the other team has snacks and that's why they won. Can you beat that!!!


Noon -  We were back from the game by noon and I whipped up a quick lunch of egg biryani, corn raitha and peas fry in less than 30 minutes. Of course I had cooked rice in the refrigerator from last night. I sure can give Rachel Ray a quick run for her money as I am driven by necessity than choice. When she first came on Food TV, I was glad to see somebody catering to real life scenario cooking. She was my favorite chef until she ran out of ideas and stretched herself too thin.


1:30 - I was at my daughter's piano lessons. I browsed through a few magazines and somewhere during her hour long lesson, the soothing music from the Grand Piano drove me to a cat nap.


4PM - Dropped my daughter at her friend's birthday party and headed to Costco and Indian stores for my weekly groceries. I am a big fan of Costco and love their product selection. The Edamame is my latest find and I pack a bowl each in my kids' lunch box for snack time.


6PM - Dinner was muli parathas and my husband put my son to bed. I watched recoded shows of 'Modern Family' as I waited for my daughter to come back from her party. The host had planned a grascar (Grammy + Oscars) party. They rented dresses for the girls and a limo to take them to downtown Dallas for a ride. We chatted all night about her party and watched an episode of 'What not to Wear'.

6 comments:

anamika February 21, 2011 at 8:05 AM  

i wonder how i will manage so much ..

A February 21, 2011 at 11:57 AM  

Same story on my side but most weekends either we eat out or at party at our or friends'house. Rarely we eat lunch and rarely we eat dinner alone.

rama February 21, 2011 at 8:55 PM  

I agree with Tanvi, and I congratulate you for not only sailing through all this, but also have enough energy and the mood to write about it all so well. You are a super woman no doubt about it!

Linhy March 10, 2011 at 8:08 PM  

hahah I tried to do the K special cereal it doesn't work of trying to lose weight been getting more hungry. Yes come follow me!!!!! I cannot stop staring at that cookie you have on your front page! thanks for stopping by too =) stop more more often

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital