I Don't Know How She Does It


There is no better time to read this book than now. We have been passing the parenting baton every weekend. Last week I was out of town; next week dad's going to Vegas (again, for another conference) and I go to Virginia the following week. Well, single parenting is not that bad either. For you have supremacy and don't have to hear "Daddy said I can watch a show on T.V and then go to bed". When I say its bed time, it works like magic.

You can credit my SLR camera for the glamor factor you see on my blog. If you want a real peek into my life or any other working woman's life, all you need to do is read this book. The chaos and struggles of a mom with young kids are accurately depicted in the book. If you ever made a decision to stay home, do ahead read this book. You will be convinced you made the right decision.

On a totally insignificant note, I loved SJP's polka dot blouse and might watch the movie just to see SJP's wardrobe in the movie.

Other Books On My Shelf
Do let me know what you are reading now.

5 comments:

Jahn 'n Style September 25, 2011 at 10:41 PM  

well, I haven't read a book since ages...But u kind if inspired me to read one :)... very soon

I love SJP too!! :)

shuchita September 25, 2011 at 10:53 PM  

I will watch the movie and I am reading "it happened in India" a book on Indian retail and a murder mystery

Natasha September 26, 2011 at 5:51 AM  

The movie is not getting great reviews but yeah, I wouldn't mind wtching the movie just to see SJP's wardrobe :) Heard the book is good and have placed a reserve in my library but I am the 68th person on the waiting list ..Guess I'll just go ahead and buy it!!

A September 26, 2011 at 6:00 AM  

Geeta,

People seem to write a lot about issues and problems that women face these days besides writing on fashion.

I think someone should write a book on Men (living in the USA) of current generation who is pulled in all directions - by wife, kids, work, taxi services, house work- the list goes on. I always ask people to make a list for both women and men before passing judgement....

Geeta,  September 26, 2011 at 8:10 PM  

@Natasha - I'm not surprised about the reviews, I doubt if the movie can do justice to the book.

@A - If you need my 2 cents on chore-war, it takes less energy to do it that bicker about it. In a couple there is usually one who is more energetic than the other and takes in a bigger share. But the movie/book is neither about being judgmental nor about who does more. Its more about managing expectations. How do you want to live your life vs what are you doing ... from a woman's perspective.

The book also has an extremely supportive husband whom I conveniently ignored. Going forward, I will make sure I represent your group (a.k.a men/husbands in US of A) accurately. :-)

@Bikramjit - Its a real wonder how she is so popular. She was the highest paid actress last year next to A.Jolie.

@ Pria - Will read your review soon.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital