Spa Party

I gave a few options for my daughter for her upcoming birthday. Option one was to take her to the Taylor Swift concert in town, Two, was a sleep over and three was gaming arcade. It was a close tie between Taylor Swift concert and the sleep over. Finally the later won and a couple of girls came over for the sleep over.
The theme was a spa party. As the girls arrived, I welcomed them with a fruit drink made by combining freshly squeezed orange, pineapple and lemon juice, followed by a little snack. While you read this, picture Taylor swift songs playing in the background.
We set up the area right next to the sink in my daughter's room for a 1-minute scrub using the "True Blue Spa". After the scrub, the girls chose one of the lotions to moisturize their hands. A few nail polishes , nail stickers and singing kept them busy until dinner. We wrapped the night watching Narnia. Lesson learnt - Do not watch a movie with the kids who have read and re-read the book multiple times.

My son and I came up with a menu for the breakfast. This was a last minute idea as I had to keep him busy when the girls were busy doing their nails. The girls chose chocolate chip pancake and hot tea from the menu. I also found one of the girls write a blog. I am off to check her blog and you have a happy Monday!!!

8 comments:

Naina @ STYLE'N September 5, 2011 at 6:44 PM  

Those are some wonderful options...I may have to try that with Ariyana when she gets older!

shuchita September 5, 2011 at 8:16 PM  

Happy Birthday to your daughter and I loved this spa party idea

Bikramjit September 6, 2011 at 7:09 AM  

:) naicee... U did not invit me :) I would have loved that juice drink he he heeh

Happy Birthday to your daughter :) many many happy returns of the day

Bikram's

A September 6, 2011 at 8:44 AM  

I am sure your husband stayed out it. There is nothing much for dads to do at daughter's birthdays.

Happy Birthday to her :))))

Natasha September 7, 2011 at 6:08 AM  

Wow..That is an awesome and a thoughtful idea :) Loved the lil menu card your son made for breakfast..adorable! :)

Patricia Torres September 7, 2011 at 7:51 PM  

Oh my gosh.. How sweet is that.. Your son and you came up with the menu.. wow!! That sure looks like an awesome time.. :-)

Geeta,  September 7, 2011 at 8:21 PM  

@ Natasha & Pat - He sure came with the items on the menu and made sure I wrote it down.

@All - Thank you so much.

Rambling Of A Single Girl In The City September 8, 2011 at 9:28 PM  

Wow nice theme. Im sure ur daughter's friends would have loved that sleep over . And your son's idea was very good :)

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital