Of Balancing and Letting Go


My sense of balance and flexibility has increased quite a bit since I started yoga. Balance to me comes with strengthening the core and increasing our abilities to focus.

The Ardha Chandrasana/half moon pose is an excellent pose to improve balance. 
At times I add a pinch of grace to balance and get into the Natarajasana or the Lord of the Dancer’s pose. 
Practicing these two poses barefoot on the grass in my backyard reminds me the significance of being grounded.

Deep stretches and twisting poses have the uncanny ability to rejuvenate by releasing accumulations in the body after a stressful day.

 Twists like Ardha Matsyendrasana or the half lord of the fishes pose almost wrings the entire core. 



The Eka Pada Rajakapotasana or the one legged king pigeon pose opens up the hips and provides an excellent stretch to the lower body.

Today in the relaxation pose, Christine, my yoga instructor talked about ‘letting go’; of any grudge, negative feeling or just an unhealthy habit and ended the class with these beautiful words.

“By letting go of who we are, we give ourselves the opportunity to become the one who we can be”.

Yoga Journal is the source for all icons.

3 comments:

Rekha August 13, 2010 at 1:04 AM  

I love yoga too, keeps me calm esp when I do it early in the mornings.

Geeta,  August 13, 2010 at 10:08 PM  

Thanks Ladies, for visiting.

Rekha - Absolutely, the best way to begin a day.

Deepa - Yes, I am on FB.

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital