Happy Friday & Some Corners Of Our Home


I hope your Friday is going well. Pongal is right around the corner, for all you know it might pass off like another day except for may be a couple of FB pictures and wishes. The clouds are behind us and this weekend is going to be all sun and shine. I bought 16 daily passes to my workout class and you can be assured it will take me a while to use all those passes. My fitness instructor said I have lost a lot of weight, losing 10 pounds is actually not a lot for my frame. Another co-exerciser mentioned I have come a long way in terms of endurance. She is right and the only thing I changed was "Eat Right" and walk a bit. Needless to say I was on cloud 9.


I am hooked on to hummus actually addicted to it. The only other food that I am/was hooked on to this way was Bhel Puri. I ate it for snack after college every single day for 2 or 3 years. While Riya is away at her basket ball game and Rohan playing somewhere in the neighborhood, I will most likely be making the elaborate version of hummus or if I am in the mood some Babaganush as well. Here is the long version of the recipe.

Ingredients

2 Cups raw Channa or Chick peas soaked overnight in water. You can always use canned beans for an instant craving, if you have one like mine.

1 Clove Garlic, place it in an aluminum foil and roast it in oven at 400F for 30 minutes. The short cut is to use a clove or two raw. I don't think you need me to tell you what happens when you use too much raw garlic in any recipe.

1 or 2 tsp Tahini .. please do not use too much of this paste. Has a strong after taste when you add too much of it.

Juice from 1/2 a lemon/lime

Salt to taste.

Paprika powder to taste.

Optional Ingredients

Roast a few chopped/de-seeded red bell peppers in oven for 20 minutes with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil in lieu of the roasted garlic.

Roast a whole egg plant in the oven for 50 minutes wrapped in a foil at 400F for Babaganush.

The shelf life is reduced when you use less oil or any of the optional ingredients. I know I don't have to worry about that.

Method

Grind all of the above to a smooth mixture and serve with Persian Cucumbers and peppers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © NOME DO SEU BLOG

Design by Emporium Digital